A friend in Indian Village invited me to the Home and Garden Tour in her neighborhood via Facebook. Curious about one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city, I Goodsearched (vs. Googled) the event. The website is just as lovely as the neighborhood. I have never ran across men’s and women’s clubs in neighborhoods until late. I don’t think the Riverfront Towers – where I live – has such a thing.
The Men’s and Women’s Garden Clubs in Indian Village look like they are contributing to their neighborhood and city through discussions, volunteering, and scholarships. I love especially the people who have contributed their names and history with the neighborhood as “Realty Resources.”
I don’t know that I could trade my life sans lawnmower for a home, but I do love attending parties at the beautiful old homes.
If I were to break the Riverfront Towers into the 6 most important tabs they would probably include:
– Delicious pizza from the Signature Grille
– Deliciously impossible soups from the Signature Market
– Amazing Riverfront Festivities (Red Bull Air Races, Boat Races, Fireworks, Marina Boat decorating party)
– Thursday night Karaoke (beware, there is some serious talent – clearly I am not singing) at the signature bar and grille
– The cutest puppy watching
– The covered access to the People Mover
Not very concise, but it is hard to be short with the things you love.